Urenco is a global organisation within the nuclear industry that is central to a net zero future. Our Capenhurst operation is a nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services. With increased demand, the business has in place a multi-year investment programme that will allow for significant opportunities for future growth.
This exciting new opportunity for a Programme Analyst will be key in facilitating project change management across a diverse and innovative portfolio, including solar farm integration, plant safety & reliability modifications and life extensions of existing buildings, plant and structures. The role will be varied in nature in a progressive, ever changing and evolving environment.
The Programme Analyst will directly report into the Investment Manager. This role will ensure that the portfolio of projects delivered on site are appropriately reported to the site leadership team and the group executive
Key activities within this role:
- Managing change and getting involved in lifecycle activity, such as process improvements, managing the project controls interface and liaising with relevant stakeholders across the business
- Providing data and analysis to justify capital budget and future planning
- Intelligent analysis, challenge/interpreting and reporting of programme level data
- Carry out quality check on project funding applications
- Challenging maturity of projects in stage gates
- Experience working within a project or finance environment with an understanding of project lifecycles
- Qualification in either project management, engineering and/or Finance related field
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Strong stakeholder management, actively work across a diverse range of customer groups at varying levels of seniority
- Self-starter with a probing attitude
- Proficient skills within MS Packages including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Experience of SAP and P6 is desirable
Candidates from a wide range of industries will be considered for this role and may bring competencies and best practices from those industries which would be beneficial to this role and Urenco as a business.
During interview we will assess you on the following behavioural competencies:
• Going Beyond the Data - When looking at information, sees patterns, trends or missing pieces and identifies when information fits in
• Driving for Results - Focuses on new or better ways of meeting goals set by management
• Working Collaboratively - Uses a participative approach, bringing diverse groups together from across sites, functions, expertise areas and disciplines to build a better outcome
As a business, Urenco are committed to providing a flexible and hybrid working culture for everyone whilst actively seeking ways of working that allow people to grow and thrive in their roles. Urenco offer excellent employment conditions such as a generous annual leave allowance and company pension scheme.
Package and Benefits:
• Remuneration: Excellent salary on offer. Annual pay reviews are conducted
• Healthy Work-life Balance: The Company encourages all employees to effectively balance their work with their outside life. We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a generous annual leave entitlement. The annual leave allowance is 25 days which increases by one day for every two years of service up to a maximum of 30 days. You will also be able to accrue 13 Additional Days Off (ADOs) to be used flexibly, typically on a Friday. In addition, a range of family friendly policies that you would expect from a progressive employer
• Bonus: The Company operates a generous bonus scheme
• Pension Scheme: As an employee, you will be eligible to join the Company’s Defined Contribution Pension scheme, with up to 16% employers’ contribution
• Flexible benefits package: As an employee of Urenco you will provided with core benefits such as Life assurance and Income Protection. In addition, you’ll have an opportunity to purchase additional benefits that suit your lifestyle and take advantage of tax and NI savings
• Education & Training: We take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs. Supporting your learning at work is high on our agenda, as it is important that the skills of our workforce meet current and future demands and supporting your continuing professional development
The role will be based at our Capenhurst Site near Chester. We offer free parking and there is a train station a few metres away from site with frequent trains to Chester or the Wirral