Up to £23.00 per hour + 20% Uplift for Shift Work
2 months ago
- Test of electronic, analogue, digital and RF sub-systems up to 10 GHz. Including amplifiers, frequency up/down converters, complex RF and digital signal processing.
- Optimisation of RF circuits by stub tuning using parallel gap and thermal compression bonding techniques
- Quality control of test results and documentation; Initial fault diagnosis and raising of non-conformance reports.
- Competent in the use of all types of propriety analogue and RF test equipment including vector and pulse network analysers
- Flexible approach to working methods and patterns. Overtime and shift working will be required including nightshifts and weekends.
- Pro-active role in maintaining a safe working environment and a clear commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- Willingness to accept change and actively support continuous improvement, wiling to develop skills as required in support of production (assembly, test, inspection and support) and implements these flexibly.
Reporting directly to the Team leader:
- Achieve the production plan by certifying conformance of equipment by quality control production electrical testing in accordance with defined test procedures and company quality requirements.
- Support business and departmental improvement initiatives
- Support new product introduction and development
- Escalate occurrences that prevent achievement of the production plan, including quality, cost and schedule impacts
- Report anomalous or out of limits results.
- Attend training as directed by team leader in conjunction with training coordinator
- Agree planned periods of holiday and absence
- Escalate deviations from work instructions, routings and any other production impacts to the production support team in the absences of the team leader
- Represent team leader and department at impact reviews and meetings as directed
- Attend training and development courses as directed by team leader and training coordinator
- HNC or equivalent qualification in electronic discipline plus at least 1 to 2 years relevant experience.
- HND in Electronics/physics and/or 5 years relevant experience