Rate on application
19 days ago
Atlas Elektronik UK
Accountable to the Team Leader, the Electronics Technician will be responsible for a variety of production tasks over a wide product range. He/she will be responsible for the manufacture and test of a variety of products and assist in the implementation of processes and tooling/test equipment to support reliable and cost effective manufacturing. Responsibilities include:
- Carry out or support prototyping and first build activity and prepare products for the transfer to production
- Manufacture and assembly of a variety of multi discipline products in accordance with engineering specifications and instructions. To include, wiring, soldering/desoldering, PCB assembly and fault finding
- Set up & operate test equipment in accordance with engineering instructions. Appropriate training will be provided to be able to perform the various manufacturing operations
- Communicating errors in drawings or assembly to the Production Engineers/Team Leaders
- Assist with the implementation of lean manufacturing systems
- Adhere to control processes to achieve conforming product
- Complete paperwork in accordance with quality & contractual requirements ensuring materials & product traceability
- Communicate manufacturing failures and process improvement ideas to Team leader
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in areas of activity.
- Follow company procedures on ESD compliance
- Be aware and compliant with Environmental, Health & Safety requirements.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Qualified to at least HNC/HND level and worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing or production environment for at least 3 years.
- Able to read/generate electrical/electronic diagrams.
- Have a good practical experience of soldering/de-soldering to IPC J-STD-00
- Have a good practical experience of PCB assembly and rework.
- A knowledge of both analogue and digital electronics.
- Understands the principles and need for production control documentation and traceability.
- Able to trace faults in end product and identify production inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment
- Meeting sometimes challenging timescales, work as part of a team to reliably deliver a range of products to production quality, on time and to budget with minimum wastage.
- Directly reports to the area team leader
- As a pre requisite must work as part of a small team supporting all members in achieving both quality of product and meeting customer delivery dates.
- Good planning and organisation, effective communicator, self-motivated, flexible, ability to analyse, creative, good judgement, ability to influence, shows initiative, team player.