Rate on application
6 months ago
Accountable to the Team Leader, the Operator will be responsible for a variety of production tasks within the 1-3 Composites section. He/she will be responsible for the manufacture and test of a variety of products and assist in the implementation of processes and tooling/test equipment to support reliable and cost effective manufacturing. Responsibilities include:
- To assist in production and test of composite products utilising a variety of production, laboratory and workshop techniques and equipment
- Ability to interpret test results and act on those results.
- Understanding technical drawings, assembly procedures and test specifications
- Communicating errors in documents or assemblies to the Production Engineers/Team Leaders
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of hand tools both for mechanical and electrical operations
- Adhere to control processes to achieve conforming product
- Support prototyping and first build activity and prepare products for the transfer to production
- Complete paperwork in accordance with quality & contractual requirements ensuring materials & product traceability
- Communicate manufacturing failures and process improvement ideas to Team leader
- Ability to work within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in areas of activity
- Follow company procedures on ESD compliance
- Be aware and compliant with Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
- Appropriate training will be provided to be able to perform the various manufacturing operations
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- A production technician who has worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing/production environment for at least 3 years.
- A knowledge of production techniques including lean manufacturing techniques.
- A good practical experience of soldering/de-soldering preferably to IPC J-STD-001and PCB assembly and rework would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Understands the principles and need for production control documentation and traceability.
- Able to trace faults in end product and identify production inefficiencies and suggest solutions.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment.
- Meeting sometimes challenging timescales, work as part of a team to reliably deliver a range of products to production quality, on time and to budget with minimum wastage.
- The ability to adapt and work on different products as directed throughout the working day.
- Able to work overtime or shifts if required.
- Directly reports to the area team leader
- As a pre requisite must work as part of a small team supporting all members in achieving both quality of product and meeting customer delivery dates.
- Good planning and organisation, methodical with attention to detail, self-motivated, flexible, ability to analyse, good judgement, shows initiative, team player.