Rate on application
3 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a number Production Technicians - CNC to work for one of our defence clients based near Wareham. These are contract positions for 6 months+.
Accountable to the Team Leader, the Operator will be responsible for a variety of production tasks within the 1-3 Composites section. He/she will be responsible for the manufacture and test of a variety of products and assist in the implementation of processes and tooling/test equipment to support reliable and cost effective manufacturing. Responsibilities include:
* Set up & operate CNC Precision Grinding equipment in line with process documentation
* To assist in production and test of composite products utilising a variety of production techniques and equipment.
* Understanding technical drawings, assembly procedures and test specifications.
* Communicating errors in documents or assemblies to the Production Engineers/Team Leaders
* Carrying out rework as instructed
* Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of hand tools both for mechanical and electrical operations
* Adhere to control processes to achieve conforming product
* Support prototyping and first build activity and prepare products for the transfer to production
* Complete paperwork in accordance with quality & contractual requirements ensuring materials & product traceability
* Communicate manufacturing failures and process improvement ideas to Team leader
* Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in areas of activity
* Follow company procedures on ESD compliance
* Be aware and compliant with Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
* Appropriate training will be provided to be able to perform the various manufacturing operations.
* An experienced CNC production technician who has worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing/production environment.
* A knowledge of production techniques including lean manufacturing techniques.
* A good practical experience of soldering/de-soldering to IPC J-STD-001and PCB assembly and rework would be an advantage but is not essential.
* Understands the principles and need for production control documentation and traceability.
* Able to trace faults in end product and identify production inefficiencies and suggest solutions.