£19.00 - £22.80 per hour
6 months ago
We currently have a requirement for a Mechanical/Composite Technician to work for our prestigious military and defence client based in Stevenage. This is a 6 month contract initially and will most likely require the successful candidate to work a double day shift pattern.
The double day shift pattern entails a week of earlies, 6am-2pm. Then a week of lates, 2pm-10pm. Whilst on this shift you will be earning £22.80 per hour LTD. This is a 20% uplift on the standard day shift rate of £19 per hour LTD.
Outline Job Profile
- To work from electronic instructions and drawings to produce satellite panels and assemblies.
- Installation of grounding points using skin to skin and riv. nut techniques.
- Large structure assembly - fitting of cleats and brackets plus general fitting and assembly of small riveted aluminium piece parts.
- Bonding tye-bases, plates and other equipment
- To record information within appendices and on electronic production system.
- To work in accordance with Local, Company and Project specific methods and procedures including relevant clean room and cleanliness requirements.
Qualifications and skills:
- * Ability to work from detailed drawings and electronic work instructions
* Knowledge of satellite structure assemblies or similar
* Fitting, bonding, general assembly
* Experience of working to specific methods and procedures
* Working to procedures with checkpoints/quality gates
* Previous experience in industries such as Space/Aerospace/Automotive/Motorsport as a mechanical fitter, close tolerance sheet metal worker or time served mechanical technician
* Ability to work in confined spaces above floor level
Ideal for Aircraft Fitters or Motorsport Composite fitters with experience within production/manufacturing.