20 days ago
Production Support - Engineering Support Group
Our client, the Culham Centre for Fusion Energy (CCFE) in Oxfordshire, is the UK's national laboratory for fusion research. With a strong focus upon cutting edge science and technology CCFE is one of the country's most prestigious research hubs. On behalf of CCFE, Morson International are currently looking for a self-motivated person to fulfil a site position that is predominantly a 'practical hands-on' role.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing general support to the Engineering Support Group - the successful applicant will ensure that first-line preventative maintenance schedules (PM's) and equipment checks are completed efficiently for compliance with ISO standards (ISO 9001 & ISO 55000).
- General/basic support to the Special Techniques Group' production team in the manufacture of vacuum brazing, diffusion bonding, EB welding component and sub-assemblies.
- Perform incoming and outgoing checks and packaging of goods, maintaining quality and traceability in line with process procedures.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience:
- Experienced within a production assembly or engineering environment.
- Demonstrate previous experience with assembly and/or basic maintenance tasks.
- The appreciation of safe work working practices within an engineering / production environment.
- Understanding the value of quality management in modern manufacturing processes.
- To work and communicate as a part of a larger team or group.
- Ability to work proactively in perform tasks allocated to them with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate personal drive with a flexible approach, attention to detail and quality within the workplace.
- PC literate to a basic level using Microsoft word and Excel packages.
- An excellent working knowledge of English.