Irlam, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Production Supervisor (Irlam, Manchester)
Monday to Friday 7am - 3pm
My client is now looking to appoint a Production Supervisor for their depot in Irlam. As a Production Supervisor, you will need to have supervisory experience as you will be overseeing a team of 10 Operatives. You will need to be familiar with Spray Coating techniques and processes as you will be hands on as well as there to guide the team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the coating process adheres to the given procedures, is optimised and the work produced meets the specifications defined and complies with all QA and QC parameters.
- Provided cover for the Site Operations Manager In their absence
- Support the Site Operations Manager in a supervisory role
- Lead, motivate, control and monitor general operatives on all shifts as per shift pattern.
- Ensure production flow and efficiencies are maintained at agreed levels.
- Lead the shift workforce to meet company policies and workload in a safe and efficient manner on a shift by shift basis
- Monitor progress of work order through production and ensure agreed delivery dates are met
- Ensure production interruptions and stoppages are kept to a minimum as a result of absences of employees
- Liaise with Site Operations Manager to adjust working hours, shift patterns, skills required to achieve production plan targets
- Monitor material usage/waste and report this to Site Operations Manager
- Ensure the effective allocation of tasks to team members taking into consideration skills and the optimisation of production
- Awareness of SAP reporting and management systems as required (training will be given)
Key skills and experience:
- Experienced working as a supervisor in a coating application environment.
- Experience of running production teams to required production schedules in a coating application environment.
- Demonstrable experience of coating preparation, application and quality inspection.
- Experience of managing stocks.
- Experience of metal surface preparation for coating.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with personnel at all levels.
- Has a 'right first time' attitude and an understanding of the importance to ensure all QA/QC and specifications are met in a timely, efficient manner.
- Helpful to have knowledge of and the use of SAP business one package
- Knowledge of ISO9001
- Excellent understanding of English language - both verbal and written
- Able to work on own initiative once trained up in the role.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Physically fit
- IOSH Managing Safely trained - but is not essential
- Experience of performing risk assessment and an understanding of COSHH
- Fork Lift Truck License an advantage but not essential.
If the above is of interest to you, please can you send me a copy of your CV to Chelsey.tite@morson