£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Do you have the skills to lead a small production team? Have you got experience of working within an assembly/build/manufacturing environment? Would you like the chance to work for a market leading engineering company? Then this could be the role for you!
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to work for a large engineering business based in Dorset. In this role you will hold responsibility for the output of the Production Team; focussing on meeting KPI's such as right first time, budget, schedule and quality. Supervising a team of 8 Production Operatives who focus on electro-mechanical assembly, you will carry out line management responsibility for the team; conducting reviews, sickness management, recruitment but also maintaining a hands-on element of the role yourself from time to time.
As Production Supervisor you will:
- Line manage the Production Team including appraisals, coaching, training and recruitment
- Ensure that production team deliverables are identified and managed to guarantee that pledges are delivered on-time and in full
- Generate and support Manufacturing metrics
- Provide regular reports and updates to Senior Management on delivery; highlighting any potential risks that could impact schedules
- Assessing forecasted projects and managing the work of the team accordingly
- Ensure all correct manufacturing processes are followed and where not, ensuring the corrective action is put in place
- Support in bids, quotations and estimates of assembly and repair work
- Managing the health and safety requirements within the Production Team, ensuring requirements are adhered to
To be successful in this role you will have experience of supervising a team, having worked within an assembly/production role yourself. As you will be a guide, mentor and coach to the team having the skills to provide great people management is essential. With the nature of work that we do, strict quality standards have to be put in place, and you should be fully up to speed on all ISO standards such as 9001 and 18001. From time to time you will be involved with the assembly work and so, having the ability to turn your hand to this is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high successful engineering business, having a real impact on the delivery of their products!
For more information, please contact Taylor on 0117 933 4590 or apply online today.