West Midlands, England
£10.00 - £14.40 per hour + PAYE
13 days ago
Our World leading Client, one of the UK's most successful and innovative engineering companies within the Aerospace/Automotive industry is looking to recruit a number of Production/Assembly Operatives in the Kings Norton area of Birmingham to start ASAP!!
Working within the Bullet Resistant Glass department of the business.
Day shift: 7.30am to 4.15pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am to 12.30pm on a Friday (work a 5 hours pattern on a Friday)
Paying £10.00 PAYE an hour for the core 37 hours and then £14.40 for any overtime in the week and weekend working.
TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT POSITIONS!!
- Working within the operations function; manufacturing transparency systems for civil and military markets. This position is key to the sites efficiency in the assigned department and to ensure that qulaity standards are met.
- Reading and checking against General Arrangement Drawings
- Interpreting AQS's and SIPs
- Completing production and quality paperwork
- Compliance to Company Policy within business area - reporting all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure and implement identified corrective actions
- Participate in any required risk assessments and corrective action plans
- Knowledge of safety, environmental and fire procedurs in manufacturing
- Use the most environmentally responsible solution for all aspects of work
- Knowledge of Practical Problem Solving techniques
- Knowledge of the SQCD CI model
- Awareness and compliance with all quality systems and procedures
- Contribute as required to the timely closure of corrective action plans and non-conformance requests
- Ensure standard work is adhered to
- Ensure all phases / operations are stamped off before release to next phase
- Use appropriate handling media/part protection
- Certify own work in a timely manner
- Meet customer demand through meeting expectations set by team leaders
- Work with team leaders to ensure continuous flow of material and information
- Knowledge of value stream mapping and lean tools
Minimum Grade C GCSE in English Language and Maths is essential!
- Good attention to detail
- Proven organisational skills
- Champions organisational initiatives such as thinkSAFE, RADAR and Lean ways of working
- Have a positive drive and attitude towards their work
- Drives for operational excellence and business results
- A team player who fosters open communication
- Values learning and development
- Manual dexterity
- Be flexible to help meet challenging deadlines and drive customer satisfaction
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR DBS CERTIFICATE PRIOR TO A POSSIBLE START AND WE WOULD NEED TO OBTAIN 5-YEARS WORTH OF REFERENCING - SO ANY GAPS ON CV'S NEED TO BE EXPLAINED (IE: LOOKING FOR WORK, SABBATICAL ETC)