£25.00 - £35.00 per hour
9 months ago
Our Cheadle based Client has a requirement for a Production Planner to undertake the below contract role.
To ensure that all new build, repair and refurbishment activities are processed to time, cost and quality in order to satisfy both internal and external customer deliveries.
Responsible for the execution of all new manufacture, repair and refurbishment activities within an Operations Integrated Project Team to meet the delivery schedule as defined by the Industrial Planner within the IPT.
The dimension of the role will vary due to the complexity of the allocated task / product and personal experience.
The jobholder will process allocated requirements either from release of a Repair order by Projects or through release of a new build ASCP Planned Order through to completion of item to stock.
In consultation with the Industrial Planner, the jobholder must identify any deviations from the plan, and where necessary, take remedial action to achieve conformance or minimise the necessity for major re scheduling.
Responsible for delivering the agreed plan in conjunction with the Industrial Planner/Cell Manager within which IPT they work for, to time, cost and quality.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
* Execute ASCP Master Production Schedule and Repair Orders allocated to you
* Prepare and collate all required documentation to ensure efficient and effective progress through the shop floor.
* Ensure all material is kitted to shopfloor ready for build activities to start in accordance with the Plan
* Allocate an appropriate shop floor routing to repair tasks.
* Identify material requirements to support repairs and work with the Manufacturing Buyers within the IPT to obtain material in timescales required.
* Lead the resolution of any job related queries.
* Provide progress reports as required to the Industrial Planner against all allocated tasks.
* Generate full build records for all deliverables where required.
* Liaise with the Customer Loan Store to validate repair assets and documentation and arrange movement to the workshop for survey/repair.
* Day to day liaison with key interfaces
* Work in accordance with Business processes at all times.
The individual will be expected to provide weekly updates to the Industrial Planner re all tasks allocated to them so that MPS/MRP plans can be maintained.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Knowledge and experience with MRP principals and operation.
Full understanding of both the Repairs Process and Manufacturing Processes.
* Capable of developing mature, pro¬active, professional and personal relations with all internal customers.
* Capable of understanding specifications, diagrams and engineering drawings.
* Consistently accurate with data capture and presentation.
* Ability to work in a team environment and jointly develop solutions where organisational and personal objectives may conflict.
* Proactive "can-do" mentality.
* Must have Microsoft Office suite experience.
Basic education attainment in English and Maths.
Capable of adopting and implementing Continuous Improvement activities.