Morson are currently recruiting a suitably experienced MRP Controller/Production Planner to be responsible for the day to day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and to ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner.
The MRP Controller would typically report into a senior member of the Manufacturing Planning & Control team.
• Ensure the timely and cost effective provisioning of parts and internal services.
• Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management.
• Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility.
• Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques.
• Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels.
• Attend and contribute to review meetings i.e. Integrated Production Teams (IPT’s), Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions.
• Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme.
• Advise on manufacturing ‘Best Practice’ as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes.
• Deploy the planning tools i.e. SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment.
• Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
• The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results oriented and demonstrate an attention to detail and accuracy.
• Competencies such as resilience, influencing and interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to the role.
• A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team and knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary.
• Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage.
• The willingness to learn, develop and apply knowledge is important to this role.
• Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required in this role.
• Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems.
• Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.