St. Helens, Merseyside
4 months ago
Title: Production Planner
Location: St Helen's
To schedule and sequence production of finished goods in line with Demand and Supply Planning outputs and production planning policies, maximising service levels to our customers whilst optimising working capital and operational efficiencies. To procure accessories, semi-finished and finished goods required and to maintain excellent quality and lines of communication with all key stakeholders in order to support efficient and effective operations.
- Schedule & sequence production of finished goods
- Compiling and deploying of production schedules in the SAP Production Planning environment, utilising forecasting and safety stock calibration tools. Maintaining stock levels according to A, B, S policy.
- Coordinating with key internal stakeholders to ensure production is planned at the right location in order to optimise, service level and cost-to-serve. If necessary, co-ordinating with Plant Warehouse Operations to ensure that storage constraints are understood and considered where possible.
- Stock replenishment planned in line with make-to-stock policies and handling bespoke item production using make-to-order protocols where appropriate.
- Routine procurement of 3rd party products to supplement finished goods. Balancing of operational efficiencies wherever possible but never at cost to service.
- Procurement of accessories, semi-finished and finished goods
- Routine purchasing of accessories and semi-finished goods from 3rd party vendors.
- Manage occasional periods of supply to UK from other regions. Placing orders for agreed ranges of products for delivery to sites in UK and/or direct to UK customer sites.
- Provide inputs to and execute outputs from S&OP process and align with Plant Operations
- To support and, as required, input to tactical and strategic planning models. Notify key stakeholders of any operational issues which might affect Demand or Supply Planning e.g. manufacturing interruptions, planned or unplanned.
- As requested, to, attend and contribute to planning and/or related meetings.
- Take part in routine review meetings and calls with various key stakeholders including manufacturing.
- Support our Continuous Improvement journey
- Actively gain and maintain understanding of our CI Framework in order to provide full support to our CI journey.
- To role-model our Corporate Values by consistently demonstrating and encouraging behaviours aligned with the Values in all interactions.
- Take part in ongoing CI activities such as development sessions, workshops and briefings and promote engagement and involvement of others as appropriate.
- Provide effective communication
- Provide relevant input to routine and ad hoc reports for distribution to key stakeholders within the Supply Chain Team and, in some cases, across the wider organisation.
- Proactively maintain regular, clear and concise communication with Supply Chain Director and other key stakeholders on key areas of tactical and strategic focus.
- OTIFIC/Perfect Order Fulfilment
- Adherence to Plan
- Inventory policy adherence
- Stock service level/stock outs
- Product changeovers
- Degree qualified - desirable
- Understanding of key supply chain principles (preferably in manufacturing)
- Demonstrable track record of working to high level of data accuracy
- Experience of planning 300+ SKU's
- Experience of planning in industrial 24/7 manufacturing
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement principles and tools
- Proficient in JDA/Blue Yonder software systems
- Advanced SAP experience including PP
- Proficient (preferably Advanced) in Excel
- Clear, concise and accurate written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable communicating with people at all levels of the business
- Able to work autonomously, quickly, accurately and to tight deadlines
- Able to work effectively in teams
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins at / 01617-.071-.516