£25000 - £35000 per annum
6 days ago
A world leading production business, being a leader in the paper sector, this organisation is in a phase of recent growth. The site at Liverpool is a centre of excellence for quality, technical specification, centralised planning and sourcing from all group manufacturing locations and operates as a distribution and service centre to the UK and European market.
What You Will Do:
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Production Planner on a permanent basis. This role will assist and support the current production planning manager, effectively scheduling the sites production plans and helping to better drive operational efficiency
Long term career progression / very good job security
Promising opportunities to train and develop
Profitable company, investment into the plant
Main Responsibilities & Accountability's:
- Demonstrate a work style that ensures improved productivity and recognises continuous self-development and achievement.
- Deliver productivity, quality, waste and cost control standards and targets at all times.
- Liaise closely with the Commercial team, providing them with a prompt response to any order enquiries and supplying necessary time plans etc. to allow them to give the customer a proposal. In addition, maintaining regular communication with them from receipt of an order to dispatch.
- Determine manufacturing routes for all orders in such a way to optimise throughput and efficiency, whilst minimising waste and ensuring customer expectations for delivery are met on time and in full.
- Load orders along with production routines onto the relevant planning system and maintaining this system in line with order amendments and any other influences.
- Supply Operations with the necessary production plans. In addition, ensuring that the plan is communicated and understood by all relevant parties within the business and that any deviation from plan is highlighted and the necessary remedial action is taken.
- Ensure all relevant IT and quality systems are operated and that data is verified, communicated and displayed as required.
- Communicate effectively with all production and business groups.
- Develops flexible plans to ensure and increase business flexibility
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience within paper/print/plastics market, or a minimum, FMCG
- Ability to effectively design and implement a production plan
- Strong analytically
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Degree qualification would be ideal
- ERP system usage would be beneficial
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.