Up to £16.00 per hour
3 months ago
The Production Planner will be primarily responsible for the day to day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and to ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner. The Logistics Co-ordinator would typically report into a senior member of the Material Logistics Unit.
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective provisioning of parts and internal services.
- Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management.
- Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility.
- Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques.
- Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels.
- Attend and contribute to review meetings i.e. Integrated Production Teams (IPT's), Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions.
- Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme.
- Advise on manufacturing 'Best Practice' as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes.
- Deploy the planning tools i.e. SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment.
- Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process.
Role Requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results oriented and demonstrate an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Competencies such as resilience, influencing and interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to the role.
- A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team and knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary. Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage.
- The willingness to learn, develop and apply knowledge is important to this role.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and databases is required in this role.
- Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems
- Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP
- ESD training