18 days ago
Morson International is looking for Production Planner for our client based in Dorset, Dorchester
- Accountable to the Production Planning Team Leader, you will be responsible for generating and maintaining accurate production plans and reporting progress against delivery schedules to both managers within the Division and other internal customers.
- The role requires interfacing with stakeholders across all areas of the business to understand demands for deliverable products, managing production schedules, identifying resources and managing any changes within the schedule that may arise from emergent issues.
- Production schedules, material requirements and manufacturing routes will be generated and managed within Microsoft AX (ERP).
- Configuration and management of data in AX will be a part of the role.
- The role requires regular contact with, and reporting to, the Production Planning Team Leader and the Head of Production to gain a common understanding of any issues, constraints or resource issues that may affect delivery of product to time, cost or quality.
- Working closely with the Material Controllers and Stores, you will ensure all materials, equipment and bought in items are available as scheduled within the production plans.
- You will support the preparation of information and resource estimates for input in to bids, taking in to account existing production and infrastructure commitments.
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent and having worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing environment for at least 5 years.
- Able to interpret design drawings and understand product specification documents.
- Experience with Microsoft AX or similar ERP system is highly desirable.
- Competent with MS Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Able to generate and analyse production performance against targets.
- Ability to understand and manage complex schedules with multiple influences.
- Good listening, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Have a drive and an ability for continuous improvement through process development.
- Possess a working knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements in a production environment.
- Self-motivating and able to work unsupervised
- Meeting sometimes challenging timescales, work as part of a team to ensure delivery of products to time, cost and quality with efficient use of resources within a sometimes fluid environment.
- Input to management reports on progress against targets, issues arising and recommendations for process improvement.
- Working closely with Project Managers within other Divisions, support the generation of business bids by providing accurate resource and schedule estimates in a timely fashion.
Recognising the restricted nature of work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance