£17.00 - £22.44 per hour
11 days ago
9 - 12 months
Morson International is looking for Production Planner for our defence client based in Glasgow.
- Responsible for the creation of an achievable production plan to support Operations requirements.
- Management of the required material plan to sustain the production plan
- Maintain both production and material plan, identifying risks, developing proposals and solutions. Implement required corrective actions.
- Manage Capacity Planning process and run regular production review meetings
- Provide departmental measures to allow monitoring and control of key activities
- Load Customer demands on to the Master Production Schedule
- Efficiently manage Planner workbench activities
- Build relationships with all team members eg Team Leaders, Prog Managers, Buyers
- Report job progress eg Product Planning Review
- Report on material availability eg Lines of Balance
- Manage Inventory in line with Company goals
- Develop solutions to process issues in line with company objectives
- MRP II planning skills
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes is essential.
- Be delivery orientated while ensuring the budget and all contractual commitments are met.
- Be an excellent communicator, with the ability to give clear and unambiguous instructions.
- Computer literacy, including a good working knowledge of spreadsheets is essential.
- Ability to provide analytical data reporting on Material availability (eg Line of Balance)
- Understanding of complex bills of material & routings would be an advantage
Familiarity within the Defence Industry would be beneficial.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.