Crawley, West Sussex
£20 - £24 per hour
14 days ago
Morson International is currently looking for Production Planner for our client based in Crawley.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Representing Manufacturing for either a nominated programmes or group of programmes for New build products
- To head up a Team on a group of Programmes or Products.
- Act as a focal point for issues related to manufacturing on these nominated projects.
- Agree the Work Breakdown financial Structure (WBS) with the Project to enable efficient planning.
- Report as required on financial performance against agreed work packages.
- Represent Manufacturing as required in engineering forums and Programme reviews.
- Sign off required change requests and change notes. Contributing towards point of embodiment (POE) and cost decisions.
- Disseminate required information to other manufacturing Disciplines to enable them to perform their roles.
- Enter Demands onto the MRP system ensuring that load and capacity issues are understood and managed through Oracle Workbench.
- Action and monitor the recommendations of the MRP tool. Release purchased and manufactured items to the appropriate area of the business.
- Maintain the MRP output, monitoring supply and demand across the domain, using Oracle Workbench.
- Oversee or Produce final deliverable build record for each New Build delivery.
- Play a leading role to Co-ordinate in conjunction with the manufacturing and planning manager in meeting deliveries in line with agreed quality, cost and delivery dates.
- Identify, evaluate and implement opportunities for improvement
- Ensure the regular progress of items either manufactured or purchased to ensure delivery schedules are achieved.
- Contribute to the generation of cost estimates for new build products.
- Assist Planning manager in defining training needs of the department.
- Contribute towards load and capacity planning, ensuring issues are highlighted in advance.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and written.
- PC literate with a good understanding of office tools
- Attention to detail and ability to ensure all work is carried out accurately and conscientiously.
- Open minded and receptive to change.
- Shows Initiative.
- Ability to work independently and manage a team time effectively.
- Experience in working in a manufacturing environment for at least 5 years
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.