Bolton, Greater Manchester
£14.50 - £16.00 per hour + PAYE
3 months ago
Our Worldwide Missile Client based in Bolton within the Aerospace industry is looking to recruit a Production Planner to join them on a contract-basis ASAP!!
5-months possibly on-going work on a day shift Mon - Fri 8.00am - 5.00pm
Primarily you will be responsible for the day to day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and to ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner. The Production Planner would typically report into a senior member of the Material Logistics Unit.
* Ensure the timely and cost effective provisioning of parts and internal services.
* Encompass areas of activity associated with supply chain management.
* Define and control the detailed manufacturing plan such that inventory and work-in progress are maintained at minimum levels consistent within a lean manufacturing facility.
* Provide written and verbal information on the status of the plan and achievements to date, using management reporting techniques.
* Tactically manage collaborative and preferred suppliers of bought out items, in order that material flows satisfy programme requirements whilst minimising stock levels.
* Attend and contribute to review meetings i.e. Integrated Production Teams (IPT's), Forward Planning Sessions, Supplier Reviews, Cross Functional Sessions.
* Contribute to the implementation of proposed task directive changes, new or amended orders, regarding their effect on inventory and programme.
* Advise on manufacturing 'Best Practice' as part of a team, and actively take part in process improvement programmes.
* Deploy the planning tools i.e. SAP, Inventory Control, KPS and have the flexibility to use and develop new methods of working within a continually changing environment.
* Responsible for the movement of hardware through manufacturing process.
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
* The successful candidate must be self-motivated, able to take responsibility, results oriented and demonstrate an attention to detail and accuracy.
* Competencies such as resilience, influencing and interpersonal skills and customer focus are essential to the role.
* A good understanding of health and safety procedures necessary for safe functioning of a team and knowing the boundaries of the job and how to escalate to more senior levels is also necessary.
* Previous experience of logistics or an associated discipline would be an advantage.
* The willingness to learn, develop and apply knowledge is important to this role.
* Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required in this role.
* Knowledge of Kanban and 2 bin systems.
* Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP.
Additional Job Details: Experience with an Enterprise Planning System e.g. SAP Ensure the timely and cost effective provisioning of parts and internal services. Experience in a manufacturing environment.