4 months ago
9 - 12 months
Morson International is looking for Production Planner for our client based in Govan, Glasgow.
Production planner from a manufacturing background to join the team based in Govan Glasgow. You will work as part of a team of 7 working with key internal stakeholders to schedule and put in place achievable production plans against customer and operational delivery requirements.
The role also involves:
- Management of the required material plan to sustain the production plan
- Maintain both production and material plan, identifying risks, developing proposals and solutions. Implement required corrective actions.
- Manage Capacity Planning process and run regular production review meetings
- Provide departmental measures to allow monitoring and control of key activities
Key tasks and accountabilities
- Efficiently manage Planner workbench activities
- Build relationships with all team members i.e. Team Leaders, Programme Managers, Buyers etc
- Report job progress i.e. Product Planning Review
- Report on material availability i.e. Lines of Balance
- Manage Inventory in line with Company goals
- Load customer demands on to the Master Production Schedule
- Develop solutions to process issues in line with company objectives
- MRP II planning skills
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes is essential
- Be delivery orientated while ensuring the budget and all contractual commitments are met
- Be an excellent communicator, with the ability to give clear and unambiguous instructions
- Computer literacy, including a good working knowledge of spread-sheets is essential
- Ability to provide analytical data reporting on Material availability (i.e. Line of Balance)
Understanding of complex bills of material & routings would be an advantage
Education & Qualifications
- Institute of Operations Management is desirable but recognition of complimentary or associated awards will be beneficial to applicants
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment and familiar with ERP systems
- Familiarity within the Defence Industry would be beneficial
Personality / Behaviours
- Must be capable of acting autonomously, with the ability to self-prioritise and work to deadlines
- Must be capable of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrate initiative and achieve results
- Have the necessary drive, enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to take a leading role in problem solving.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.