Wolverhampton, West Midlands
7 months ago
Production / Process Operative
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location: Wolverhampton WV9 5EU
Working hours: Rotating shift pattern 7am-7pm/7pm-7am; including weekends
The Process Operative will be working for Cargill's European poultry business, at our state-of-the art facility in Wolverhampton. Here, we manufacture coated chicken products made from prime chicken breast meat for leading brands in the Foodservice market.
The purpose of this role is to safely operate equipment as part of the process, carrying out all necessary checks and tests to ensure high quality food is produced.
* Understanding of safe working practices and procedures relating to all areas of their work, and required safety equipment needed to perform their task
* Understanding and attainment of both individuals and department targets
* Understand and comply with all department and company policies
* Handling bags of ingredients up to 25Kg
* Meet housekeeping and hygiene standards individually and as part of a team
* Compliance with food safety and HSE guidelines
* Carry out instructions given by your PC/Manager
* Self-motivated, eager to learn and able to work on own initiative - essential
* Basic level of communication - essential
* NVQ Level 2 in Food Manufacturing - desirable
* Previous experience in a Food Manufacturing environment - desirable
* Basic Food Hygiene certificate - desirable
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the world's leading companies.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter today or call Anne Oxton 0161 707 1516