A new opportunity is available for Production Operatives to join a large Aerospace and Defence company BAE Systems on a contract basis.
• Working as part of a team on production lines and/or work centres to achieve and maintain operational efficiency of a number of processes to comply with the business’ high standards, maximising operational efficiency of our production processes.
• Their own areas of work ensuring all activities are being carried out to a satisfactory level following Standard Operating Procedures. Training and assessments will be completed, ensuring that product is produced in a safe manner and ensuring conformance to all specifications.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
• Understanding the schedule for the process they are in to meet the Manufacturing Schedule on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Continuous Improvement.
• The health & safety of themselves and others.
• To raise concerns of any nature within the workplace.
• A team player with good communication skills.
• Flexible as may be required to work in process areas
KEY ATTRIBUTES KNOWLEDGE and TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Numeracy and literacy required to accurately complete paperwork and count stocks in all processes
• Demonstrate an understanding to be able to follow Standard Operating Procedures and site rules
• Previous manufacturing experience desirable. ILM/NVQ level 2.
• Demonstrate previous experience working in a safety conscious environment
• Demonstrate examples of:
• Where worked as member of a team
• Where demonstrated good communication skills
• Where required to use data e.g. stock rotation or management
Please note that applicants must be able to work all shifts (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am)
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy