Up to £23958.48 per annum + Bonus
8 months ago
My client, a world class manufacturing organisation currently has a requirement for a number of Production Operators.
This very successful and diverse organisation currently, investing heavily in its manufacturing sites across the UK to maintain both its high performance and key market position.
Control the running of a production line whilst ensuring that that the quality is of a specified standard
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out inspections and be able to categorise faults as per the defect list and to record these findings on the line inspection sheet.
- To be familiar with and operate within the departmental operating procedures in particular the critical defect procedure.
- To understand the purpose of and monitor the weight hourly and ensuring ware is to required tolerances.
- Ensuring that all inspection equipment and safety mechanisms are challenged as per the Operating Procedures.
- To communicate quality and productivity issues to the other departments.
- Reporting any line/machine faults to your Supervisor, Line Manager or a member of the engineering department.
- To interpret the gauging requirements of the quality plan and carryout the gauging correctly, record the results and action any non-conformance.
- To inform the Supervisor of all quality issues resulting in loss of production and non-conforming ware.
- To ensure the incoming shift has as a summary of line performance, potential problems such as quality, efficiencies, ware handling line or equipment over the past 12 hours, regarding quality etc.
- Ensure that all required worksheets are filled in neatly and correctly at all times and at the end of each shift.
- To hold pallets in accordance with operating procedure. Inform line controller or Line Manager of held pallets. Record held pallets number and quantity by each shift.
- Good Teamwork and communication whilst striving to deliver good quality products to the customer
The individual, Skills & Experience
- No direct experience is required as extensive training will be provided however, experience within a fast-paced manufacturer - ideally food or packaging will be a distinct advantage
- Successful candidates must display strong English and maths both verbally and written
- Hard working, committed individuals looking for longevity and a career
- Attention to detail
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Tahanee Twist.