Up to £9.79 per hour
19 days ago
PRODUCTION OPERATIVES (CONTRACT - 3 months to long-term /may be taken permanent) - Rate rising to £10.19 per hour after 12 weeks.
A leading Aerospace manufacturer operating in the defence sector is seeking several production operators within tfuel tank/floatation assembly and mould machining departments. This is initially a contract of 12 weeks but likely to be long-term/on-going. Some roles may be open to shift work (enhanced rate of £12.00 per hour)
To undertake activities in order to manufacture and assemble products within the mould shop factory using standard work processes and working to the required quality and safety standards and specifications.
Principal Accountabilities :
- Assembly work
- To mould a variety of rubber materials using mould tools
- To operate compression moulds / injection mould machines
- To sign off own work at appropriate work stages with production stamp
- To conduct other manufacturing / assembly duties within their general capabilities as required by the business
- Follow company procedures for quality and safety to ensure adherence to the product manufacturing processes
- Undertake the appropriate Health & Safety, legislative or relevant skills training in connection with their role.
- To participate in and make recommendations to continuous improvements through Lean Manufacturing that will assist with production efficiency.
Ideally you will have experience working on a assembly line or factory environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to work accurately
- Willingness to learn skills required to operate machinery and learn processes
- Self starter with the ability to work with the minimum of Supervision.
- Good level of written and oral communication skills.
If this position is of interest please apply or contact Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516 /