£10.50 - £15.00 per hour
over 1 year ago
Production Operative - Machine operators
A leading marine defence engineering client based in Dorset are currently recruiting for Composite Production Operators.
Accountable to the Team Leader, the Operator will be responsible for a variety of production tasks within the 1-3 Composites section. He/she will be responsible for the manufacture and test of a variety of products and assist in the implementation of processes and tooling/test equipment to support reliable and cost-effective manufacturing.
- Set up & operate CNC Precision Grinding equipment in line with process documentation
- To assist in production and test of composite products utilising a variety of production techniques and equipment.
- Understanding technical drawings, assembly procedures and test specifications.
- Communicating errors in documents or assemblies to the Production Engineers/Team Leader
- Carrying our rework as instructed
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of hand tools both for mechanical and electrical operations
- Adhere to control processes to achieve conforming product
- Support prototyping and first build activity and prepare products for the transfer to production
- Complete paperwork in accordance with quality & contractual requirements ensuring materials & product traceability
- Communicate manufacturing failures and process improvement ideas to Team leader
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping standards in areas of activity
- Be aware and compliant with Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
- Appropriate training will be provided to be able to perform the various manufacturing operations.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required (Mostly desirable rather than essential)
- An experienced CNC production technician who has worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing/production environment would be desirable
- A knowledge of production techniques including lean manufacturing techniques.
- A good practical experience of soldering/de-soldering to IPC J-STD-001and PCB assembly and rework would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Understands the principles and need for production control documentation and traceability.
If this position is of interest please apply or contact Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516/