Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £10.00 per hour + PAYE
over 1 year ago
Our World Leading Client within the Aerospace industry is looking to recruit 15 PRODUCTION OPERATIVES on their site in Kings Norton, Birmingham ASAP!!!
- Working within the operations function; manufacturing transparency systems for civil and military markets. This position is key to the sites efficiency in the assigned department and to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Reading and checking against General Arrangement Drawings
- Interpreting AQS's and SIPs
- Completing production and quality paperwork
- Compliance to Company Policy within business area - reporting all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure and implement identified corrective actions
- Participate in any required risk assessments and corrective action plans
- Knowledge of safety, environmental and fire procedures in manufacturing
- Use the most environmentally responsible solution for all aspects of work
- Knowledge of Practical Problem Solving techniques
- Knowledge of the SQCD CI model
- Awareness and compliance with all quality systems and procedures
- Contribute as required to the timely closure of corrective action plans and non-conformance requests
- Ensure standard work is adhered to
- Ensure all phases / operations are stamped off before release to next phase
- Use appropriate handling media/part protection
- Certify own work in a timely manner
- Meet customer demand through meeting expectations set by team leaders
- Work with team leaders to ensure continuous flow of material and information
- Knowledge of value stream mapping and lean tools
Minimum Grade C GCSE in English Language and Maths is essential!
- Good attention to detail
- Proven organisational skills
- Champions organisational initiatives such as think SAFE, RADAR and Lean ways of working
- Have a positive drive and attitude towards their work
- Drives for operational excellence and business results
- A team player who fosters open communication
- Values learning and development
- Manual dexterity
- Be flexible to help meet challenging deadlines and drive customer satisfaction
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR DBS CERTIFICATE PRIOR TO A POSSIBLE START AND WE WOULD NEED TO OBTAIN 5-YEARS WORTH OF REFERENCING - SO ANY GAPS ON CV'S NEED TO BE EXPLAINED (IE: LOOKING FOR WORK, SABBATICAL ETC)
Working a day shift 37hrs per week. Mon-Thurs 7.30am-4.15pm and Fri 7.30am-12.30pm.
3-months duration which could potentially lead from a temp to permanent opportunity for the right candidates.
Flexibility to work a double-day shift if required to do so with an extra weekly allowance of £55.50 per week for doing so.
You MUST have MATHS AND ENGLISH qualifications minimum Grade C or equivalent and be able to provide certificates of proof!
To apply please forward and up-to-date CV ensuring there are no gaps in employment or if there are gaps to be able to qualify them. Please also forward Maths and English qualifications as they need to be provided to the hiring managers.