Littlehampton, West Sussex
3 months ago
Morson international are currently looking to recruit a Production Manager to join our manufacturing client based in West Sussex.
Within this role you will be responsible for managing the Production department. The Production Manager's primary responsibility is the delivery of manufactured projects on time and within budget. Efficient and cost effective manufacturing activities are of key importance within the business.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
* Planning the workload and priorities of the production department including, resource, programme, specification and risks.
* Delivering manufacturing budgets and ensuring that booked hours, premium time are monitored on a weekly basis at a minimum.
* Provide leadership, motivation and support to the production department and the management team.
* Conduct weekly production review meetings and manufacturing work schedule reviews
* Provide the approval of drawings and designs into production following a manufacturing review.
* Establish all necessary information including but not limited to the estimate, specification, drawings, sketches and correspondence to ensure the department can undertake the job effectively.
* Monitor production hours, attended hours, contract costs for the department and deliver performance.
* Plan and co-ordinate manufacturing activities in liaison with production planning and Project Management.
* Pre-plan manufacturing workload, taking account of the requirements of labour, materials, manufacturing process, sub-contract requirements and installation needs.
* Ensure the preservation of materials, work in progress and equipment during manufacture, assembly and installation.
* Ensure materials issued are accurately booked against the works order and material usage controlled.
* Ensure that all contacted payments milestones are achieved and the accounts department is fully informed when invoicing is due for issue.
We are keen to see applications from candidates who have previous Production Management experience within a complex manufacturing environments.
In return a competitive salary is on offer. Apply here for more details