£45000 - £53000 per annum
5 days ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Production Manager to join our client, a leading manufacturer of engineered metal products.
Within this role, you will be responsible for managing the Fabrication Department on a day-to-day basis, ensuring an efficient and effective operation. This will include job coordination & planning, management of labour, management of materials, and overall resource management.
Responsibilities will include:
* Continually develop improvements in processes and personnel in line with business needs.
* Close co-operation and liaison with the Head of Projects to facilitate excellent customer service.
* Quality objectives, targets and requirements are complied with
* Take the information/job pack provided by the Head of Projects and ensure the project is delivered on time, to the highest quality standards whilst meeting the technical specification and agreed labour hours
* Liaise with the Head of Projects to determine the time to manufacture and manufacturing techniques
* Ensure all goods and materials for the project are ordered
* Develop the Fabrication Department through people/training/equipment to develop and widen its scope, improve quality and facilitate the highest labour efficiency possible
* Develop sheet metal working capabilities within the department
* Review the weekly and monthly production plan. Ensure production results are tracked/reported daily.
* Work with senior management to improve yield
* Introduce/maintain modern CIP techniques to enhance manufacturing efficiency and effectiveness, including using LEAN tools and proposing methods of driving the business forward.
* Co-ordinate and communicate to Team Leaders the management objectives and targets.
* Ensure appropriate targets and development plans are set for all staff to enable them to carry out their duties
* Manage all disciplinary/grievance matters, including staff attendance and capability issues
* Carry out Appraisals and implement plan to monitor and improve individuals
The successful candidate will be a hands-on person who must have previous experience within a sheet metal manufacturing and fabrication environment. In return, a competitive salary is on offer.