6 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Production Engineering Team Leader to join our Dorset based client. This is a great opportunity to join a leading organisation who specialise in underwater defence technology.
Within this role, you will be responsible for leading a team and maximising production yield while minimising production time and cost. You will also be responsible for the successful transfer from design to reliable and cost effective manufacture by influencing product and component design.
* Work with the P&I management team and others to help lead, update, and improve the forward business strategy for AEUK's products and production facilities
* Work closely with the Product designers and influence the design for ease of production and testing, taking an active part in design and production readiness reviews.
* Manage the workload and career development of the Production Engineering team members.
* Oversee the training of Production Engineering apprentices.
* Support company wide strategies for continuous improvement including 5S, 6 Sigma and other lean manufacturing techniques.
* Ensure processes are in place for the capture and action of design and production change.
* Provide process specifications and procedures at an appropriate level of detail to enable Production Technicians to reliably manufacture quality products and collect all key production and test data for full trace-ability.
* Support the bid process providing manufacturing estimates including tooling, equipment and labour.
* Identify, rectify and document production problems as they arise
* Working closely with the Production Manager, optimise tooling, space and facilities to implement economic manufacturing of all products.
* Provide support in training, instruction and selection of suitable production personnel to match the skills required for the production process.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
* Preferably qualified to degree level or equivalent and worked in a multi-disciplined manufacturing environment for at least 5 years.
* A qualification in 6 Sigma, lean manufacture, or other relevant production engineering discipline would be beneficial.
* Able to interpret design drawings and understand product specification documents.
* Able to generate and analyse production performance indicators.
* Experience within a multi-disciplined, low volume Production and R&D environment would be preferable.
* Have a drive and an ability for continuous improvement through process development.
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.