Chichester, West Sussex
about 2 months ago
Are you an experienced Production Engineer looking to progress your career? Are you confident in your ability to take a product through from initial design into production? Would you like the chance to work for a market-leader? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Morson Group are currently recruiting for a Production Engineer to join a market-leading engineering business based in Chichester. In this role, you will work closely with engineering teams on existing and new projects; taking initial design concepts successfully through into production. You'll have the opportunity to examine current processes to identify ways to improve cost, time and quality metrics.
As Production Engineer, you will:
- Work with the Engineering Team on both existing and NPI projects;
- Work with the design team to define, implement and develop new processes required throughout the business;
- Ensure that all product and systems requirements are considered as well as amending and updating BOM's;
- Looking at DFM (Design for Manufacturing) and DFA (Design for Assembly) processes in order to improve cost time and quality on NPI and existing products;
- Direct liaison with customers and suppliers to take initial requirements as well as review existing business partnerships;
- Assist with modifications of both new and existing production;
- Work with Project Managers to support customer workflow, including design liaison as required, tooling definition, customer discussions etc.
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience of improving production functions within a fast-paced engineering business, being able to demonstrate times you have developed new processes and practices to improve critical metrics. Along with this, you will also have expert knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and will be able to communicate effectively with a variety of teams from design and production through project management and sales.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Engineer to develop their career within a market-leading engineering business!
For more information, please contact Taylor on 0117 933 4590 or apply online today…