£34000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
6 months ago
- This role is key to the successful implementation of new product lines and the ongoing support of production and legacy items. Applicants will be expected to have attained a broad engineering experience gained within metal fabrication and welding. The successful applicant can expect to be involved in the following tasks:-
- Generate work guidelines; structures and routings, along with cost centre set and run times from drawings and digital data.
- Produce concepts for the design and manufacture of jigs; fixtures and workshop aids.
- Prepare equipment specifications; process FMEAs; process flow and SOP's during product development, or improvement, activities.
- Provide support to the operations departments to resolve production issues.
- Create cost estimates for new and repeat work, inclusive of labour; materials; packaging and tooling.
- Assist the Operations team to evaluate new, or emerging, manufacturing techniques, including building industrial and academic links.
- Create business case and CAPEX calculations to assist management decisions with respect to new product lines or process updates.
- Monitor KPIs to ensure specific targets are achieved.
- Identify production / cost trends and implement corrective actions and improvements.
- Interface with design department personnel to analyse new concepts and designs to ascertain the most cost effective manufacturing solution.
- Support design department reviews related to new concepts and designs, along with legacy product updates.
- Provide support to the customer interface teams.
- Educated to at least HNC/ HND Level.
- A good understanding of Lean Manufacturing Methods, along with Kaizen, 5S and C.I. processes.
- PC literate inclusive of Word; Excel and Powerpoint along with digital data and models.