Katie Robson Hill
8 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Production Engineer on a permanent basis. Our client operate in the maritime industry and are based in Dorset.
You will be responsible for maximising the production yield whilst minimising the production time and cost. You will also be responsible for the transfer from design to manufacture.
The key responsibilities include:
- Working with engineering staff to influence the design of new products for ease of production and testing, taking an active part in design and production readiness reviews
- Work closely with quality assurance to ensure that product quality requirements are met
- Working closely with other departments including engineering and production to support the implementation and continuous improvement of production processes and facilities
- Support the generation, configuration and maintenance of item and BoM data
- Generate assembly procedures
- Monitor production times and yield
- Design production tooling
- Support 5S, six sigma and lean manufacturing methods
You will be degree qualified, or equivalent, and will have experience of working within a multi disciplined manufacturing environment. You will have the ability to interpret design drawings and understand product specification documents. You will be able to generate and analyse production performance indicators and also resolve production issues. In addition to this you will be able to drive CI through process development.