Up to £24.00 per hour
7 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Planner on behalf of our aerospace client
Outline Job Profile:
* Responsible for the methodical planning, co-ordinating and controlling of activities along the production line with a key focus on schedule and cost.
* Acting on the MRP output - Manage the release of requisitions and co-ordinate the delivery of parts in line with the MRP output. Working with procurement to expedite or cancel orders as required.
* Manage the end to end kitting process order scheduling, Works Order release, flight store coordination and delivery through the clean room.
* Work to clearly identified processes and deadlines to meet business & project requirements to ensure a consistent approach across the production control team.
* Production Manager
* Manufacturing Engineers
* Master Production Scheduler
* Project Management
* Assembly & Test Operators
* Supply Chain
* Drawing Office
* Supply chain Logistics facility
* EEE representative
* AIT Facility
* External auditors during audits related to manufacturing, planning and control
Skills and Experience:
* Demonstrated working knowledge of MRP and/or SAP
* Demonstrated working knowledge of Excel
* HND Equivalent or higher
* Previous experience demonstrated in a high pressure results driven environment in any one of the following industries: Aerospace / Defence / Communications / High reliability electronics manufacturing or production
* Planning, organisation and prioritisation
* Workload management
* Clear & concise communication at all levels
* Interpersonal skills including communication & negotiation
* Customer relationship management
* Problem solving
* Team Player
* Previous experience in Production Control, Procurement, EEE, Planning or in a fast paced Manufacturing environment
* Generate shortage reports and lead weekly meetings during the procurement phase.
* Follow MRP production plan execution (Requisition release, Planned Order conversion, Works order release and closure).
* Authorise MRP requisition up to £50K.
* Accountability for forward and backwards pass for component lead times and key stakeholder on decisions regarding requisition release when the BOM is not fully mature to protect project schedule.
* Manage shortages to ensure delivery of kits to the clean room in line with schedule requirements.
* Ensure the integrity of the MRP dates in line with the company scheduling tool.
* Implement and maintain all SAP transactions from customer order receipt to final works order closure on each project.
* Make allocation decision when competing needs for material (Project A vs Project B).
* Ensure company and departmental standards and procedures are followed and updated as required.
* Management of Change - support and advise the impact of change and propose opportunities for schedule recovery when requested.
* Manage line side stock - ensure consumable items are adequately controlled and stock levels are maintained to ensure full availability and fit for use.
* Maintain accurate SAP Master data including lead times, attrition levels and Make/Buy flags to ensure confidence in the MRP output.
* Create and analyse key KPI's relevant to production control.
* Assist in daily impact reviews as a key stakeholder to advise progress, stoppages and shortages.
* Recommend and implement improvement ideas through the monthly improvement reviews and control boards.