£17.80 - £22.75 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client are an international company involved in the Design, Manufacture and overhaul of parts and components within the Rail industry
The Production Cell Team Leader will be responsible for managing and developing the Production Control team, controlling, developing and executing systems and processes within SAP to achieve the required level of both internal and external customer service with the lowest inventory levels.* Ensuring that the Production Control team, allows the third party logistics provider to pick kits and parts in sufficient time to allow the production plan to be executed without delay.
* Ensuring the Production Control team manages service and production orders ensuring that all materials and hours are allocated 100% of the time.
* Ensure timely sales order management and associated pre-shop planning activities including change control are performed to ensure efficient start-up of production processes.
* Provide production plans to ensure that production personnel have clear visibility of targets
* Develop and maintain KPIs as defined above.
* Day to day management of the Production Controllers.
* Carry out the performance management process for the Production Control team, setting clear and appropriate objectives and managing individual performance against these.
* Ensure that the Production Control team are trained in all aspects of the role, and that any training gaps are identified and followed up appropriately.
* Ensure that quality procedures are maintained and updated where applicable.
* Must have experience of production execution and warehouse management within SAP.
* Must have excellent Excel skills.
* Minimum of 3 year's experience in a closely related industry in a similar role.
* Excellent planning and shop floor loading experience essential
* Able to build effective working relationships
* Able to work on own initiative and under pressure
* Customer focused with sense of urgency to achieve delivery targets
* SAP production execution and warehouse management knowledge is essential.
* Basic technical knowledge in Mechanical and electrical engineering.
* Excellent communication skills
* Proven management leadership skills
* Receptive to change
* Detail conscious
* Good time management skills
* Conversant with Microsoft office
* Presentation skills
* Report writing skills
Applicants will ideally have a proven background within an engineering environment, Rail, Aerospace, Automotive and Manufacturing etc
The role is based in Widnes and will be a 37hr week , successful applicant will be required to pass a drug & Alcohol screening test before starting work