£32000 - £40000 per annum
6 months ago
Provides additional resource to a small team involved in the installation and commercialisation of alternative fuelled commercial vehicles, primarily Diesel/Hydrogen Dual-Fuel. Flexible approach is required from an individual who combines technical, practical and communication skills. Primary location will be Liverpool but travel to collaborative partners and customers in UK and abroad will be required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Build professional relationships with primary D-F customers, Operators (service and management) and collaborative partners' Technical contacts. Provides technical support for OEM truck dealers, Maintainers, Operators and Installers
* Provides on-site, remote, and phone support to installation partners, maintainers and end users with routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and warranty repair needs
* Trains application and conversion technicians and provides dual-fuel driver training in the operations of alternative fueled engines
* Diagnoses Diesel and Dual-Fuel engine problems
* Provides feedback to supervisor regarding training materials, training seminars, technical manuals, component failures, product improvements, and technical manuals. Provides input on updates to technical documentation where required.
* Maintains working and current knowledge and expertise in "clients" D-F product line
* Assists with conversions of vehicles for customers and product development.
* Assists with sub-assembly manufacture
* Assists Engineering team with Technical Investigations into field service issues and provides written reports on the findings of these
* Inventory management
* Preparation of documents and protocols
* Additional duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
* Engineering Apprenticeship, Engineering Degree or HNC together with commercial vehicle or diesel engine diagnostic and repair experience
* Valid drivers' license with ability to obtain HGV Class 1
* Electronic engine controls maintenance & repair - 12/24 V systems and Alternative fueled engines experience preferred
* Ability to read, understand and amend automotive wiring diagrams and technical drawings
* Ability to communicate technical data effectively both verbally and in written form at appropriate level to colleagues, technical contacts and customers.
* Ability to write and process reports, business correspondence and to assist with written procedures.
* Possess current Passport, or eligible to obtain a Passport
* Willingness to travel abroad for varying periods given appropriate notice
* Must supply own basic hand tools and metering equipment
* Working knowledge and experience with computers and computer based diagnostic tools
* Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team performance
* Interpersonal skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers, including marketing, sales, and engineering
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
* Must be a "self-starter" and perform outlined tasks with very limited direct supervision and able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative
* Ability to work independently to develop and implement product support projects
* Must establish and evaluate priorities to assure all tasks are completed to satisfactory performance
* Ability to maintain confidentiality