Up to £60.92 per hour + Umbrella
about 2 months ago
£54.30 per hour PAYE (inclusive of holiday pay) / £60.92 per hour umbrella
REMOTE BASED POSITION - occasional visits to site
- To execute, evaluate, deliver and manage complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks or programmes of work recognising stakeholder and customer requirements.
- Overall purpose of the role is to contribute to the development of a Product Safety Case for a large complex engineering product.
- Identify system and functional hazards using techniques such as Hazop, SWIFT, and Functional Hazard Assessments etc
- Undertake system and functional complex analysis using analysis techniques such as: Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis and Production of Functional Level safety justifications.
- Review System Level safety justifications to support the Functional Level safety justification.
- Providing guidance on all aspects of Product Safety to Engineers within the function.
- Liaison on all aspects of the Product Safety case with customers and suppliers
- Attend and contribute to Design Reviews.
- Developing Safety Functional Requirements (SFRs);
- Authoring annexes of a safety case.
Experience in a range of safety techniques including:
- Systems Safety Analysis
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Fault Schedules
- Safety Case development
- ALARP argument development
- SFR development
- Experience in a range of safety standards and guidance, typically, E.g. IEC61508, DO178, DEF-STAN-00-56, ARP-4761
- Experience of weapons system safety
- Appropriate knowledge of the way in which the product is to be operated
- Honours Degree or equivalent experience in the appropriate discipline
- Knowledge of the techniques of Systems Engineering
- Sufficient knowledge of the range of disciplines involved in the product design to be able to identify the best design compromises.
- The ability to analyse complex problems and identify the most critical issues.