about 1 month ago
Product Safety Engineer
Location: Templecombe, Somerset
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £50 - £65 per hour Umbrella / £37.06 - £48.17 per hour PAYE
Our client is seeking a Product Safety Engineer to support their Air Traffic Management programme as well as other programmes when required.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Proven ability of working in a Defence environment to Def Stan 00-056, DE&S ASEMS and similar standards/frameworks
- Proven ability of working in an Aviation support environment and familiarity with the MAA regulatory publications and specifically 3000 Series
- Familiar with MS Office and Safety Management Tools including Cassandra/eCassandra, ASCE, Reliability Work Bench
- Familiar with Fault Tree Analysis and Reliability Block Diagrams. Ability to extract relevant information from Engineering documents and other relevant sources
- Able to develop and maintain Safety Documents including Safety Management Plans, Safety Case Reports, FTA Reports, Hazard Logs
- Able to review and provide constructive comments for engineering documents
- Familiar with software safety management standards and techniques such as ED109, ED153, etc.
- Understanding of product safety directives, legislation, regulations (e.g. CE Marking Directives, REACH etc.)
- Able to lead stakeholder safety meetings such as HAZID, PSC, etc.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).