Up to £40 per hour
20 days ago
Purpose of the Role:
- To exercise delegated responsibility for the safety and environmental management of specified projects.
- To provide both physical and functional safety expertise to specified projects.
- To provide product environmental expertise to specified projects.
- Generate all the required safety & environmental documentation including safety plans, hazard logs, safety assessments, safety cases, environmental impact assessments & reports.
- To contribute to the pool of safety & environmental expertise within Combat Systems Engineering.
- To support the internal safety & environmental management systems.
Outputs and Deliverables:
- Production of safety and environmental management artefacts as required.
- Production of monthly project (safety &environmental) metrics and status reporting as required.
Tasks and Activities:
Carry out the following activities:
The production of pre-bid product safety & environmental assessments to inform the risks associated with the project
Production of safety and environmental management plans.
Development of safety & environmental arguments for complex systems (including software) sometimes from first principles.
Selection and execution of the most appropriate and recognised hazard identification, analysis and risk classification / reduction techniques.
Development of Hazard Logs using SMARTer,
Derivation, management and sell-off of safety requirements.
Management of legislative compliance issues relation to safety & environmental.
Generation and maintenance safety case evidence
Production of Environmental Impact Statements.
Chair appropriate safety & environmental meetings and act as customer liaison point of contact.
Perform the role of Safety & Environmental Lead on small projects
System safety management processes and techniques.
Understanding of safety & environmental management as a transversal element of naval platform design within a system of systems environment.
Knowledge and understanding of legislation, standards, processes and tools used in safety & environmental engineering.
Essential - 5 Years' experience in this, or a closely associated, engineering discipline in a role that has demonstrated relevant domain knowledge and leadership skills.
Preferred - Customer/end user focus/experience