Up to £52.17 per hour
11 days ago
Safety Engineer required to support the Ordinance, Munitions and Explosives (OME) and Deploy Strategic Munitions (DSM) teams. Key responsibilities will include:
- Identification and management of functional hazards using techniques such as FHAs
- Undertaking system and functional complex analysis using fault and event trees production of functional level safety justifications
- Authoring of OME and DSM Key Safety Function Safety Cases
- Authoring Functional Safety Function (FSF)
- Hazard Risk Assessments
The role will involve liaising with a wide range of stakeholders, including Combat Systems, Strategic Weapons Systems team and the MoD.
The key skills we are seeking are:
- Production of functional level safety justifications
- Deriving Safety Functional Requirements
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Event Tree Analysis
- Experience in safety standards and guidance, in particular Defence Standard 101, Defence Standard 00-056
- Weapons systems experience is desirable.