16 days ago
Salary up to be dependent upon experience
We have an opportunity for an internal Product Owner at Morson HQ in Manchester. As the product owner, you will take responsibility for all products delivered by our primary software provider, Talisman.
This product delivers our CRM solution, Booking Management, Payroll including Billing, Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Application Tracking System, API for third party integrations, Timesheet system and system automations.
These are bespoke applications that are employed in house and by our clients. The purpose of this role is to drive the products forward, working closely with the development team and ensuring that business value is delivered through systems and IT.
Typical duties include:
- Requirement gathering and analysis
- Ensure the product vision is aligned to the enterprise strategy
- Communicate the strategy to the delivery teams
- Engaging with internal customer groups
- Baseline and measure business and user activity and performance to enable benefit identification
- Evaluation of delivery against business case
- Build and maintain product roadmaps
- Managing product version and manage iterations
- Provide clarity to the department on the prioritisation of enhancements, new products, service and technical debt, so that all staff members can deliver the best value to the business and manage risk appropriately
- Support on managing financial risk associated with the product set including licence management, supportability and maintenance
- Back log management
- Maintain the product back logs
- Maintain product matrix and progress and against targets
- Ensure control to deliver desired outcomes
- User stories
- Create user stories
- Define UAT criteria
- Execute and document UAT
- Research and identify opportunities and features
- Change management
- Manage successful upgrades
- Manage impact on daily operations
- Release planning
- Work with Service Management to support the implementation and adoption of solutions.
- Continuous improvement activities
- Strong interpersonal skills that enables you to work with people at all levels of an organisation, motivate others and influence when necessary
- Customer driven with a strong drive to optimise products
- Understanding of managing product metrics and KPIs
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- 3 years' Experience as a Product Owner or equivalent
- Proven skills of balancing technical knowledge with business acumen
- Advanced written and spoken communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills and a passion for continuing learning and development
With a unique 50-year heritage of innovative recruitment Morson are a diverse group with an outstanding reputation for delivering consultancy, design, technology, training and people solutions around the world. With revenues of almost £1bn, and offices across the world, we place people into employment with some of the world's biggest brands.
Even as a business of true scale, we keep it personal and consistently go the extra mile. As a family, we celebrate the good times together and we look after each other. We are technical innovators with people at our heart. We are ambitious for you and we care.
Come from any background, industry or sector, if you have the right attitude, some great experience and a desire to be part of our award-winning team, we'd love to hear from you.
Commitment and hard work are rewarded with a competitive salary and generous quarterly bonus scheme, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free onsite parking, an employee health and wellbeing programme, and other great benefits. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after the mind, body and soul of each of our colleagues.
Morson Talent is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.