Up to £550 per day + Ltd/Umbrella company
13 days ago
Aero Product Manager required by the Service Product Management Team to manage the lifecycle of various Products for Government and Military customers (UK/US and EMEA) within the Product Management Team of Secure Communications.
This extends from monitoring of existing products with a view to increasing the user experience, profitability, and quality of service to developing new products for the business and enhancing the portfolio. You will develop products from new ideas, using your contact with customers and prospects and especially suppliers (existing and potential).
You will possess a unique blend of business and technical understanding a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You will enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
This role will primarily focus on a Secure Modem Product.
* Capture customer requirements and needs
* Specifying new services, features, products and processes
* Analyse competitive offers and develop a product benchmark.
* Managing the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
* Developing and implementing a go-to-market plan, working with Marketing, Business Intelligence & Pricing teams
* Launch and roll-out product plan and schedule in close partnership with internal stakeholders.
* Monitor and suggest improvements to the financial and technical performance of the Product.
* Improve customer experience, quality of service, service usage and optimize activation process o Increase product penetration and usage
* Manage the product through the product process
* Be the internal customer and conduct user trials before product commissioning
* Champion the product - provide training and familiarisation to the Sales teams
* Provide product updates and enhancement communications, brochures, fact sheets, white papers
* Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues to address any issues that may arise.
* Promote products externally with support of sales and Marketing
* Maintain the product promotion in the portfolio.
* Develop a sound understanding of the product commercial aspects (pricing strategies, costs, margins)
* Propose actions to increase margins (renegotiation of tariffs, improvement efficiencies, new price schemes)
* Manage the product Lifecycle, creating the roadmap and alignment of R&D with R&T.
* Interfacing closely with Procurement to develop good supplier relations
* 3+ years' experience of Product Management / Marketing / Development
* Understanding of financial metrics and measures
* Understanding of Product Management proficiencies
* Understanding of the modems market and requirements.
* Understanding of modem products, technology and their applications
* Experience of Satellite communications
* Good communications and organisational skills
* Interest in continuous improvement
* 3+ years of working in the Military Government Secure Communications industry.
* Experience of working in diverse international teams
The role involves regular travel to Paris, approximately once a month and occasional travel to Stevenage, however not regular.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.