Product Manager (Anti-submarine Warfare)
about 2 months ago
Atlas Elektronik UK
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and growing company in Winfrith, Dorset.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK together with its subsidiaries, is a technological leader in many sectors and has an excellent reputation. We have unique and unrivalled domain knowledge in weapon handling, mine-hunting, naval weapons and combat systems.
The Product Manager is responsible for development and upkeep of Surface Ship System's Division Products, developing relationships with existing and new customers both in the UK and Internationally, ensuring the retention of existing business and identifying and pursuing new opportunities to meet the Division's order intake targets.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
- Developing a strategy to managing existing and developing new ASW and Torpedo Defence related products
- Delivering to agreed sales targets
- Growing the future sales pipeline both in the UK and Export Market
- Managing authorised bidding budgets
- Inputting to the future sales strategy and product requirements
- Ensuring the sales process is implemented and followed
- Driving standardisation and reuse strategy within the sales opportunities
The Product Manager within the Surface Ship Systems Division will be the focal point for all ASW and Torpedo Defence related product and bid management activities within the Division.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Proven experience in ASW
- Able to integrate and play a leading role within the sales team
- Hard working, dedication and goal driven
- Ideally, has existing customer network within the UK MOD relating to Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and/or Surface Ship Torpedo
- Defence (SSTD) and Torpedo Detection Classification and Localisation (TDCL)
- Product strategy development
- Sales capture and pursuit
- Leading bid proposals
- Sales target delivery as agreed with Head of Product Management
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and delivery focused
- Innovative and prepared to challenge conventional thinking
- Tenacity and determination with desire to deliver outputs and results
- Team player and leader
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable dealing with Senior Management