Up to £35000.00 per annum
5 months ago
As Product Manager you will be responsible for the end to end process, from sourcing to initial ownership including the strategy & feature definition of the product. You will guide the success of new products by leading the cross-functional teams who will work with & support you in implementation.
The Product Manager is responsible for keeping themselves updated on their relevant marketplace, researching, analysing, analysing the market to identify and develop potential products. As well as generating product requirements, determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction developing marketing strategies. They should be focused on the long-term vision for the product
Product Manager Job Duties:
* Determine customers needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information deliver the insight behind the research
* Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
* Assess market competition by comparing the companies product to competitors products.
* Create compelling and objective business cases
* Utilisation and promotion of product innovation models such as the Stage Gate Process
* Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
* Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses answering questions and requests.
* Bring new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs preparing return-on-investment analyses
* Determine product pricing by utilising market research data and understanding the margin requirement, market place acceptance of price and levers required to achieve
* Is able to present in a passionate and motivating way, the product and service features and benefits and to train the sales force in how to sell the product.
* To effectively brief the relevant sales teams on key marketing activity, to ensure that they are fully supported from a Sales perspective. To then challenge the Sales teams on a regular basis to ensure continued focus on these activities, using performance data provided by the Customer Insight team.
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience;
* Proven track record managing products across product life cycle, including related governance processes.
* Strong analytical capabilities, able to conduct detailed analysis of product MI and propose necessary actions to enhance and address.
* Positive 'can-do' attitude with an appetite for change.
* Experience of working within a wider virtual project team in an initiative owner/project champion role.
* Analytically astute, and able to use data to provide insights into a business and to drive decision-making.
* A strong communicator - quick-thinking, articulate and confident. Comfortable with communicating across the business audience spectrum.
* Proven influencing and negotiation skills, with an ability to balance and manage diverse and conflicting stakeholder interests.