£29.00 - £30.00 per hour
5 months ago
Would you like to join a multi-disciplined engineering development team involved in the development, design, manufacture and test of a number of new and legacy munitions products for UK and export customers? BAE Systems Land (UK) currently has vacancies for Product Development Engineers to be involved with the design and development of Artillery, Mortar, Medium Calibre and Warhead products at our site in South Wales.
As a Product Development Engineer, you will be involved in all levels of the product lifecycle concepts, development, testing, qualification, production and in service support. This position will be primarily based at BAE Systems Land (UK) in Glascoed, Monmouthshire, however, occasional travel to other manufacturing and test and evaluation sites will be necessary.
Responsibilities will include the following:
* Assisting product design and system engineering activities for new and legacy products.
* Configuration and maintenance of Engineering bills of materials for products
* Product design and evaluation / down selection e.g. Pugh Matrices, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
* Process design, definition and critical evaluation e.g. Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plans (PCP).
* Coordination of theoretical simulations e.g. (thermal, structural, fluids and aerodynamics).
* Coordination of product and process empirical testing and evaluation.
* Development and use safe systems of work
* Development of quality systems
* Management of suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule
* Contribution to the Risk Management process
* Life Cycle Management (contributing towards design reviews) from concept to disposal
* Working as part of an integrated project team, including regular engagement with project management, procurement (supply chain) and operations.
Competencies/Skills and Expertise
Competencies/Skills and Expertise include the following:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Apprenticeship with HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* 5 Years development experience in the Engineering industry
* Experience in Product design and/or test and evaluation
* Experience in Process design and/or optimisation.
* Ability to work in a team and to work independently when required.
* Experience of product design analysis techniques (e.g. Pugh, DFMEA, FTA)
* Experience of process design analysis techniques (e.g. PCP, PFMEA)
* Capable of producing high quality technical reports.
* Understanding of statistical analysis.
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and models
* Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with all areas of the organisation, e.g. those from a technical / non-technical and those from an assurance / delivery background.
* Current valid UK Security Clearance to SC level or higher
* Knowledge of munitions design and manufacture
* Familiarity with the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process
* A working knowledge of Systems Engineering and Engineering design
* Understanding of project management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
* Working knowledge of Risk Management
What we're looking for in you:
You will be self-motivated, organised and have good planning skills. You will show initiative and be able to work under pressure. You will be a logical thinker with the ability to analyse problems. Your written and verbal communication skills will be excellent.
BAE Systems Land (UK)
BAE Systems Land (UK) collects together a unique combination of experience, knowledge, tools and processes to deliver world-class products and next generation systems technology. We have a proven track record in supporting military forces in operational environments, providing ammunition solutions to markets around the world.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and youll be part of something important something you can be proud of.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People
BAE Systems welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
'Follow Us' for current/future opportunities and news at BAE Systems by joining our LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bae-systems/careers