£300 - £325 per day + NEGOTIABLE
4 months ago
Product Assurance Managers with experience of customer interface and supply chain and design review cycle involvement are required to be in charge of the Product and Quality Assurance activities for units, subsystems and systems designed and/or manufactured by our defence client in the UK or procured. Please note that this is a Product Assurance not a Supplier Quality/Quality role, candidates will need extensive PA experience within the defence industry.
The role will also involve supporting bid teams and coordinating Quality Engineering experts.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
Management of Quality Assurance / Product Assurance Activities
- Performing and/or coordinating the Quality Assurance / Product Assurance activities for the client in the UK (Bristol and Harwell) and its suppliers/subcontractors (write/review Data packs, participate to/lead reviews, participate to inspections, manage NCRs,…);
- Perform Procurement Quality Assurance: activities (definition/cascading of Quality Requirements to subcontractors/ suppliers, review of Data packs, participate to/lead reviews, participate to inspections, manage NCRs,..)
- Management of Work Packages;
- Supporting bid teams by reviewing product and quality assurance requirements, creating or amending product assurance procedures in line with the bid requirements and preparing the estimates;
- Internal and external audit performance, including sub-contracts & suppliers;
- Interface with other internal Quality organizations.
Quality Management System
- Customer's satisfaction improvement
- Quality Management System implementation and review
- Improvement Plan definition and follow up
- Quality reporting including Veto right and duty of alert
- Alerts (following non-conformance) management
- Claims management
- Company Quality dashboard
- support Company Certifications
- Lessons learnt implementation
Qualifications, Skills & Experience;
The candidate has ideally more than 3 years of experience and a demonstrable positive performance record in the following activities;
- Management of quality or product assurance in a complex multifunctional manufacturing or engineering context;
- Experience in any of the areas on follows is desirable:
- Satellite/subsystem AIT
- Propulsion subsystems
- A working knowledge of European Space Agency or UK MoD quality and product assurance expectations
- Communication and influencing skills to build productive relationships at all levels of the business
- Knowledge of one or more of the following disciplines would be advantageous: RAMS, Radiations, EEE Parts Quality, Materials and Processes
- The job holder would be expected to be educated to degree level in an Engineering or QA discipline
- A professional qualification from an institution with relevance to Quality & product assurance is desirable.
- While specific knowledge of the French Language is not a prerequisite for this position it would be advantageous to facilitate activities across the Joint Venture organisation.
- Security Clearance or ability to obtain it would be advantageous.
Can demonstrate a positive example in relation to the Leadership Model:
- Shape Solutions Out of Complexity
- Be Ambitious and Accountable
- Perform Through Co-operation
- Influence Key Stakeholders
- Manage Self
- Engage and Develop Teams
The job requires a flexible and "can do" approach to perform effectively in a fast changing business growth environment.
Initially the role will be based remotely from home but would normally be based in the Harwell office with some time in the Bristol office and will also require UK or International Travel.
A driver's licence that is valid in the UK is a preferable requirement of this position.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.