6 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for a [product Assurance Engineer to join the team with our prestigious client
Job Description: Product Assurance Engineer
A vacancy for a Product Assurance Engineer has arisen to work on space flight hardware including Eurostar family of commercial spacecraft in Stevenage, within the Antenna / Mechanical Platform team.
- You will provide Product Assurance support to application projects as well as product development.
- You will also contribute to the Product Assurance team mission of assuring the quality of materials and processes used in the business
PA Engineer main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Provide Product Assurance support to application projects as well as product development.
- Participate in reviews at all stages of product design, development and manufacture
- Monitor that risk and opportunity review meetings at all stages of a product design, development, and manufacture are held and ensuring that risk retirement plans are drawn up and carried through.
- To ensure that adequate qualification evidence exists to justify the materials and processes that will be used in the proposed satellite environment.
- To identify, evaluate and propose solutions for all quality problems and to advise and generally assist the Project Manager and his staff on quality matters.
- Negotiating with internal and external customers for quality standards / requirements, waivers, deviations, concessions, production easements etc.
- Reviewing Company Standards and proposing changes where necessary to update working processes.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Background in Mechanical, Thermal, Systems, RF, Manufacturing or composites.
- Experience in Aerospace or Aircraft industry.
- Experience working in the Quality environment.
- Experience in Product or Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge of processes, procedures, methods, non-conformance, root cause analysis.
- Good communication skills and willingness and ability to learn.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German or French would be a plus.
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.