Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Up to £63000.00 per annum
5 months ago
6 - 12 months
Accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and reporting to the Technical Director, the job holder is primarily responsible as the Safety Manager for the design, implementation and governance of the Safety & Environmental Management System (SEMS), including the management of SHE, to ensure safe and effective operations.
This includes specific responsibility for the management of an up to date Safety & Environmental Management Plan, which provides a suite of relevant procedures and processes that demonstrate the implementation of the wider Safety and Environmental Management System (SEMS).
As the most Senior Safety and Environmental representative, the Job Holder will be required to provide guidance to all areas of operations to ensure that all safety risks associated with operations meet the safety and environmental requirements within the timescales, quality standards and budgets set for the project.
The Job Holder will be required to hold a level of Delegated Engineering Responsibility from the Technical Director. As such, the Job Holder will be the Prime Point of Contact on all Safety & Environmental & SHE Management issues.
* Develop and facilitate Safety and Environment Management System (SEMS).
* Act as the safety management primary point of contact with all safety stakeholders, internal stakeholders, Customer, suppliers and subcontractors.
* Produce and maintain the Safety and Environmental Management Plan.
* Manage the requirements of the Safety and Environmental Management Systems are effectively managed and implemented with the complete operation.
* Ensure the Hazard Log Management tool is effectively maintained and managed.
* Ensure that mitigations have been implemented / facilitated by his direct reports.
* Manage all safety risks and quality issues identified within project's are continually assessed, consistently managed, and appropriately escalated to assure the overall safe operations.
* Ensure all accidents, incidents and significant near misses are investigated, measures to prevent reoccurrences are identified and implemented, and the learning outcome communicated appropriately.
* Manage a Safety Programme Plan (SPP) (schedule) capturing all safety management activities, with progress reported on a monthly basis.
* Effectively manage all external audits / assessments are planned and any corrective actions are resolved in a timely manner.
* Implement and manage the effective implementation of the SMSCMC Safety & Environmental policies, mandates, processes and procedures.
* Manage the production of a set of maturity matrix reflecting the maturity of SEMS and Safety Culture.
* Ensure that the Safety Management System is deployed as defined by customer, contractual and legislative requirements
* Chair Hazard Management Meetings (HMMs).
* Manage and support the relevant Safety Action Groups (SAG), as required.
* Manage the production of the Safety Argument, and Safety Justification.
* Manage the production of the Environmental Impact Assessment.
* Ensure safety management documentations are appropriately configured and controlled.
* Identify, form and maintain strong working networks with the key stakeholders, internally and externally.
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
* Knowledge of KSA culture
* Extensive Product Safety & Environmental Engineering company/industry knowledge (10 years in a lead/management position), managing significant and diverse Safety & Environmental Engineering activities, across several phases of the engineering lifecycle.
* Customer and Supplier relations experience
* Understanding of RSAF organisational structure and regulatory frameworks with regards to safety, environment and airworthiness.
* Significant knowledge and experience in the application of external regulations or standards (e.g. Part 145 part M, Def-Stan 00-56, Def-Stan 00-970, PUWER (1998), HSE (1974) and RIDDOR (1995) etc) applicable to the operation and continuing airworthiness of an Officer & Aircrew Training service.
* Manage safety programme plan for a multi-faceted project.
* Understand the hazards and level safety risk likely to be present in a supplier's product / service and is able to formally assess and challenge the supplier for demonstration and compliance with safety requirements.
* An awareness of Logistic Support Solution design and deployment
* An awareness and experience of the independent safety assessment process and its application
* An awareness of availability, reliability and maintainability requirements used within a continuing airworthiness organization
* Educated to Honours degree level. Preferably with or working towards Chartered Engineer status or educated to an MSc level within a safety related discipline but not essential.
* Experience of the development and implementation of Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
* Practical experience in one or more of the following systems: aircraft maintenance, logistic support solutions, airworthiness, an aircrew training service provision.
* Experience of Hazard Management and Risk Assessment.
* Experience of aerospace product and support solution design and development activities through qualification, acceptance and service delivery.
* Experience of the development and application of engineering process, organisational design, functional governance.
* Knowledge of design organisation safety, maintenance organisation safety, airworthiness engineering process and procedures and flying safety