Product & Environmental Safety Engineer
Aerospace and Defence
Up to £52.17 per hour
12 days ago
The role will involve supporting the Engineering Delivery Manager in the development, delivery and maintenance of the Project Product Environmental Management System and Product Environmental Case to ensure that the Product Environmental impact is reduced to an acceptable level.
- Environmental impact and risk identification and management.
- Product Environmental requirements management.
- Product Environmental case production.
- Technical report writing
- Environmental Management System development and maintenance.
- Production of Environmental Management Plans.
- Oversee the administration and management of the Environmental Impact and Risk Register.
- Influence the construction and delivery of the Project Environmental Case including Environmental Case reports.
- Deliver training to the Product Safety and Product Environmental domains and the wider community.
- Support the production of training material to support training delivery.
- Lead engagement with internal and external customers, ensuring that their requirements are fully considered and adequately supported where appropriate and agreed.
- Produce, present and articulate clear and logical environmental arguments.
- Complete peer reviews, checking, verification and assurance tasks to demonstrate the adequacy and robustness of the Environmental Case and supporting documentation.
- Oversee and peer review junior rules in the Product Environmental team.
- Understand the application of wider Safety Case, Quality and HS&E Management System documentation.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Professional Institution membership at appropriate level
- Demonstrable awareness of design, manufacturing, testing and commissioning, in-service (maintenance and operations) and decommissioning/disposal submarines lifecycle phases.
- Knowledge of the challenges posed by the environment that the product will be exposed to.
- Ability to analyse complex problems and identify and quantify (i.e. screen and scope) environmental issues to determine those that are critical/significant and those that are minor/trivial and develop suitable and appropriate solutions/mitigations/control measures.
- Awareness of external (i.e. non-environmental) factors/interfaces that may influence environmental decision making.
- Ability to interpret technical data and produce clear, logical and robust environmental arguments that demonstrably support environmental decision-making.
- MS Office proficient - Word, Excel etc.