Production Supervisor and Planner
To be responsible for the daily running and planning of the Aviation production department at WASP in a manner that conforms to company's policies and procedures, Health & Safety, and Environmental legislation to ensure all company targets are met.
- To be responsible for the daily running and planning of the Aviation production department in a manner that conforms to company's policies and procedures, Health & Safety, and Environmental legislation to ensure all company targets are met.
- To manage the daily planning of the workload and the Aviation team.
- Provide support to all production activities of new and existing Company products within agreed timescales and to acceptable customer satisfaction.
- Interface with all departments to ensure the smooth delivery of all new and existing products throughout the products life cycle.
- Manage the Aviation assembly team on a daily basis.
- Manage the Aviation Team Leader/ Internal Production Planner to ensure effective OTD of the internal supply chain.
- Manage the production schedule Excel spread sheets and provide updates as required and at production meetings.
- Ensure the customer portals are updated on a daily basis.
- Liaise with the Purchasing and Stores departments to ensure all production shortages and Kits are delivered and are fully available to the department to ensure production will commence as required.
- Liaise with the Sales team to insure the customers are updated on the delivery status of all products
- Liaise with the Despatch team to ensure all products ship when required.
- Provide the support as required to other production areas to enable the effective and efficient delivery of customer products.
- Identify, Introduce and maintain appropriate Lean Manufacturing techniques where appropriate.
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to the Production Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing teams within a production environment with strong motivational skills.
- Able to balance conflicting output requirements under pressure to consistently achieve results.
- Flexible approach to changing priorities, calm under pressure, shows commitment, honesty, integrity and discretion, shows strong leadership traits.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and instructions is essential.
- The company is moving towards a paperless working environment therefore good PC skills are essential as you will access all engineering documentation via PC at your workstation.
- At least 5 years in a production environment where similar type of work is undertaken i.e. small batch volume, low to medium value but high in mix of product typically 200 - 300 per month
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees.
- Good communications and numerical skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail; Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of relevant engineering and manufacturing techniques including IPC soldering standards, static sensitive devices etc.
- Knowledge and awareness of ISO9001 and AS9100D standards
- Management skills to develop a reactive workforce where On Time Delivery and Quality are to the fore.
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry.
- Preferably 5+ years' experience in manufacturing / Warehouse operations .
- Preferably 2+ years' experience in a supervisory capacity.
- 5 GSCE [level A - C] Inc. Maths and English or equivalent.
- T literate to an adequate level in the use of Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- A willingness to undertake further related training.