PROCUREMENT FUNCTION : JOB FAMILY 0901
Job Title: UK Process and Tools Manager
Site Location: Flexible
Job Family & Code: 09
Sub Job Family: 04
Travel Percentage: 60%
Role Reports To: Procurement Director – Supplier Management & Procurement Performance
No. Direct Reports: 2
Role Defaults To: N/A
Security Critical: UK National restrictions on some programmes.
Level : N/A
Additional Information: N/A
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Manager Transformation projects to improve the capability, maturity and performance of the Thales UK Procurement function, including its processes and tools and supplier management processes.
Represent the UK`s interests at the Group Process and Tools committees and working groups.
Support the UK wide Supplier Management and Procurement Performance team supporting the requirements of the UK businesses, deploying best in class Supplier Relationship techniques to drive improved supplier performance.
Track and improve performance of the function.
Deputise for the Procurement director when requested to do so.
• UK Chief Procurement Officer
• UK Supply Chain Vice President and team
• Members of the Thales UK Management Board
• Group Procurement Vice President and global team
• County Business Unit Procurement Directors
• Procurement Competence Centre Procurement Directors
• Human Resources Business Partners
• Finance Business Partners
• IS Systems Business Partners
• Supplier Senior Management teams
• Other Functional Directors and Managers
• Trade Associations
• Professional Bodies
• Other Primes Procurement Teams
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Identify external best practices from industry peers and specialist providers to contribute to the continuous capability and efficiency improvement of the function.
• Lead major transformational Tool implementations and Process change projects at UK or Group level.
• Manage best in class Supplier Performance and Relationship techniques and tools to drive improved supplier performance, enforce regulatory compliance and mitigate risk in the supply chain.
• Support the Supplier Performance and Development team at UK level.
• Ensure supplier panel regulatory and CSR compliance, including REACH and Cyber Security and other compliance requirements.
• Deploy Collaborative Working principles across all supplier management processes.
Process and Tools Improvement
• Deliver best practice processes and tools to improve efficiency, working with Thales Group at International level to define optimum solutions.
• Implement best practices for Category Management deploying resulting solutions across Thales Uk and enforcing compliance and governance across the UK team.
• Support the continuous supplier and procurement functional risk assessment and mitigation in accordance with the UK Risk Management Plan
• As Process nominated Deputy, ensure and maintain UK ISO Accreditation on all UK sites, measuring process compliance and instigating corrective and preventative actions as required for continuous process efficiency improvement.
• Represent the function at the CPO meetings. Responsible for change control and process document management.
• Perform internal audits and also to support external audits on behalf of the function
• Manage Process efficiency reviews and measure process compliance across the UK businesses
• All assigned CAPAs (Corrective Action Preventative Action) and the respective stages for all Internal, External and Supplier Audits will be completed in the prescribed timeframe in the CAPA, to achieve zero overdue date performance
• All assigned QUESTs will be completed in the prescribed timeframe to achieve zero overdue date performance”
• Support activities to mitigate risk in cyber security and compliance to HMG legislation.
• Ensure compliance of function, processes and suppliers to the regulatory and legislative environment
• Apply and measure compliance to governance including Delegation of Authority Rules.
• Measure compliance of the Shared Services Level Agreement governing the activities of the UK Procurement Competency Centres and to assist with improving performance.
• Provide a central data analytics service, automating reports as required by the UK business and functional senior management. Develop the necessary data requirements for the functional users.
• Improve processes where Procurement interfaces with other functions. Promote Procurement best practise.
Manage the team and support development of their skill base. Ensure that the team are motivated and objectives are SMART
Skills and Experience
• The ability to manage change and improvements across the UK businesses and to be able to communicate across all levels in all functions.
• Convincing written and oral communication and presentation skills taking into account the different needs of employees, senior management and other stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to optimise cross organization working and to work effectively with suppliers, competitors and the global business community.
• Ability to create and utilize an extensive Network within Thales globally and with industry peers externally.
• Team management, leadership and team development
• Major development/manufacture sub-contract program/project management experience
• 5-10 years plus relevant experience at Procurement Management level.
• Stakeholder management at senior levels within an international organization.
• Significant interaction with Group Procurement globally.
? Use of Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement
? Experience of deploying Procurement e-tools and process optimization.
? Ability to engineer Processes
? A Track record of delivering on business needs in a testing commercial environment.
? Product development, manufacture and distribution within an international commercial environment.
? Evidence of supply chain risk mitigation safeguarding immediacy of supply within a product and service based business.
Values & Behaviours:
Displays the following:
• Able to analyse complex and sometimes incomplete information to create an easy to communicate short-medium and long term solution, addressing Thales requirements across it’s businesses and based on global supply market expertise
• Sets stretched goals for themselves, their team, the UK function and their suppliers, prepared to take risks in order to gain competitive advantage for Thales.
• Able to work effectively within and across transverse teams and actively seeks synergies and sharing of best practices, prioritises needs of Thales UK.
• Adapts behaviours and uses appropriate techniques to plan and manage relationships with key stakeholders both within Thales and outside.
• Communicates a clear vision for their team while improving their capability and competency, works transversally across the UK function as a role model for teamwork.
• Displays passion, energy, drive, agility and resilience in achieving ambitious targets under difficult circumstances, capitalises on lessons learned and responds positively to setbacks.
• Measures the impact of their performance, and of their policies and suppliers, on Thales results, improves efficiency of the team to increase Thales competitiveness.
• Has a clear understanding of the global perspective relevant to their role working both within Thales and the supply market.
Works fully consistently with and is role model for the Thales Values:
• Shape solutions out of complexity
• Be ambitious and accountable
• Perform through cooperation
• Influence key stakeholders
• Engage and develop teams
• Manage Self
Financial / Budgetary Responsibility:
• Expenditure in accordance with the associated budget.
• Authority within the process parameters
? Business Degree/Qualification or equivalent
? Professional qualification in related disciplines eg: Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing-Supply Chain
- Sector: IT Manager
- Contact: Den Muharrem
- Contact Email: Den.Muharrem@morson.com
- Contact Phone: 01229 811188
- Expiry Date: 20 June 2022
- Job Ref: 200614DMU